Sunday, May 14, 2006

Our new dog, Tessa

So a lot happened in the past week. Ry and I had decided to find a doggie to adopt. So we have been looking and I went up to Nanaimo, to visit, mainly for mother's day, but also to see the rest of the fam. Got a good visit with everyone, including Baby o. He remembered me right away and called me auntie ya right away. Sarah and Jay took close up photos of me and Alley's faces and put them on the fridge. They constantly tell Owen who we are when he is in the kitchen. So the closeup probably helped the situation. Anyways I did not want to leave.

Onto the Dog story now. I visited the SPCA while up in Nanaimo and ended up falling in love with this female, black Lab crossed with, we think, collie. She has spent a lot of time chained up outdoors and is quite malnutritioned. Her coat is very weathered. Ryan was not up in Nanaimo with me and I figured she would be adopted before Ryan would have a chance to meet her. I didn't get my hopes up about taking her home. There were a few other people there at the same time as me and one man in particular was wanting her too. So that evening talked to Ry on the phone I told him about 'Blackie'..he said don't rush..whatevers meant to happen will. He, of course, wanted to pick our dog out together..I agreed but just had to try anyway..

The next day I could not stop thinking about Blackie and called Ry again and expained how she had picked us out and how we have to adopt her. I explained to him about her personality and how gentle she was and how good she was with cats and dogs and kids. She did not have a mean bone in her body..you could just tell right away..with her little butt wiggling side to side and with a tail like an otter whipping back and forth. Ryan said "go get her then!"

I honestly did not expect that. Although sometimes he just knows when something is really important to me, thats what I love about him so much. He can tell when I am really sure about something.

On Friday night I brought home the dog formally know as Blackie (her name for the one day stay at SPCA). We now call her Tessa. She responds well to Tess so her name was probably similar me thinks. She has been so much fun. The first night she kept us up all night cause she would only lie down up on our bed. Otherwise she just walked around sniffing and whimpering. When close to us she relaxed. And last night she slept in her own bed next to us on the floor all night. She is a very good dog. I'll post some photos when I take some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home