Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Dang! i haven't posted in fo-ever!..I get lazy and just put on photos to try to get you to return to my site. I should really try keep at it.. its nice to keep up then I can look back one day and its like an inventory on my life over the last while..
My blog has probably been boring though cause I haven't been saying nothing. NOTHING! well it goes with the weather. We've been busy too.

My parents came down for three nights last week. It was so nice to have them here for a long period of time. They were a huge help in our yard, as both my parents are the best of gardeners and my dad runs a nursery, so having them here is like having gardening instructors to answer any of our gardening questions. My dad taught me how to transpant the grass from a new garden we made and level it out properly and put in our bare spot where we pulled up a crappy uneven stone patio that the previous owner attempted to make.

My dad (with help from Ryan and I even dug one hole) planted 25 trees along our back fence to make a nice big hedge. Free from the nursery cause they were pretty sad looking trees...they would have just chucked them out but my dad nursed them for us, kept them alive and loaded them in his pickup and drove em down here for us. What a thoughtful father!

We had a great time. It was so nice and warm out and we gardened....made some really nice planters..my mom filled in this huge bulit in planter on our patio i think i already posted a picture of it..also we made a nice fish pond in an old barrel that was in the garden with ugly plants in it...so we bought a liner insert for the barrel and put in a bamboo fountain with a mini pump attached and a nice pond was made! also bought a couple of water plants for inside..

One problemo though..the pond was sold to us discounted because it was used at the garden shop we bought it from and it ended up having holes it it..we attempted to fix the holes...and it was all filled up and looking all beautiful..and sat all nice for a few hours but then all of a sudden 1/4 of the water drained out...so our patching job fell through. So I took the liner back today and she is all out until tomorrow so I'll have to go back soon and buy another. It WAS pretty though.

My dad also sprayed all our stinging neddle and some of the blackberries and weeds. They were seriously taking over our yard..and at a pretty good pace so the spraying was needed..especially cause of the neddle.

I think I got a permanent position at my job. At one of the homes I enjoy the most. The guys there are super great and loads of fun to be around. Yah it still can be challenging at times ..but I think working there regularily will be nice. I'll be able to plan things with these guys..the staff who are there permanently have been working with these men for years and they are all like family in a way.. They take the guys to a dude ranch in the summer, go on camping trips, go swimming go to parties and bbq's.. The guys have jobs on a 'work crew' and have one young man who takes them around to different contracts around thier small community out on the pennisula. They clean some parking lots and do various landscapeing and gardening jobs. They also collapse cardboard at three different pubs and clean up there parkinglots. They know all the staff at every venue they work at and have so many friends in the community. They l;ive pretty good lives and I am excited to be a part of their lives on more of a regular basis. I have so far just been filling in for reg. staff while they take holdays or sick time. So it will be challenging but really not hard hard work in my books and itll be fun.

Sometimes im like "Im getting paid to hang out and watch movies and have picnics?"

Well ok it isnt always perfect and simple happyland but we do get to have lots of fun on the job. Of course I have big responsibilty but the fun times balance that out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home