Tuesday, August 22, 2006

the less restlessness the better

Lately,/

i have been more restless than usual ..I was talking a while ago about not being as content as Id like, when Im alone for long periods of time....

trust me I DO very much value and NEED my alone time BUT The problem is more that I need to do things I enjoy more often when I am by myself.

I end up procrastinating on painting a picture or doing some other art project...Instead ill go write on my blog, read other people's blogs or talk on the phone. barrghhh I enjoy having this blog but I feel like it is sort of negative on me in a way..It pulls me away from things that I should really be doing...its so quick and easy to sit just down at the computer.

hmmmmm..I really shouldn't blame it on blogging cause blogging is a great and wonderful thing. But, it all about the balance..(haha im a big dork)

I just need to fit in painting more..and note to self: must book kayak trip for september...

SOOO my two goals for the next month are to:

1.) paint a BIG painting

2.) Go kayaking

7 Comments:

Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

vic is nice

10:36 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I wish I could paint. A kayak trip sounds great. I can do that. Did you ever see my site Lindzy?

9:16 AM  
Blogger Ernie said...

I feel the same. I wasteso much of my life at the damn computer. Alot of it is work...but some is play:)

9:41 AM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

Hiya Phil:) If we lived in the same city you could take me kayaking and I could teach u how to paint!

I have seen your site and I love all your photos and the Lake(walton Lk I think it is) ... How have you been doing? Have you gotten out kayaking?

4:11 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

hey there litle ern:) yah I can only imagine how easy it is to stray away from work when on the comp..To go check your email...or blog. I would prob get distracted a lot!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like that very often. The blog for me has been a blessing because I write in it every single day (or try to) and it helps me to THINK--which is something that I don't need to do in my very boring corporate job. I do, however, feel like it distracts me from maybe submitting something interesting to a magazine, reading something that is on my shelf and getting dusty, or calling someone who is lonely too.

Found you from Scott (I think) great blog. Have a great weekend.

6:35 AM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

hi Lynn thanks for stopping by. I will check your blog out when I get the chance:) Glad to hear Im not alone with feeling that way at times...and thanks so much for the compliment..its really cool to have new people stop by!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home