Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My ACTUAL Tuesday! .....don't worry no utube videos were used in this post

Wow! I can actually say, not only is it TUESDAY, but it is MY TUESDAY! Usually, it is Monday... or something and I'm celebrating my Friday. It all sounds way too confusing anyways..

tonight I ACTUALLY enjoyed my own company!...can you believe it? Well, Tessa was with me too. Anyway, we went down to our beach(30min.walk-not actually'our' beach) and I lied on a blanket. As the sun set, I lied( is it suppose to be layed?) there with Tessa ..but, she was mostly wondering off and eating dried up seaweed balls and urchins..she ended up eating so much of it that I had to put her on the leash ..then about 9 cool looking birds with white around their eyes and black beaks and necks appeared in the water infront of us..they were bobbing in and out of the water and splashing around and occaisionally chasing one another. Tessa started whining and wanted to chase them, but I didn't want them to fly away, so I didn't let her. We continued to watch them play and Tessa went completely mad.

When I do things like going to the beach or for walks when I am by myself...I tend to only last so long before I get bored of my own company. Tessa really helps, but it is still something I need to work on. Tonight I MADE myself stay down at the beach and I actually had a nice, relaxing time.

I think it is important that every person should be able to comfortably spend time alone with only their self. With just their own thoughts....like at a beach, fishing, hiking whatever whoever likes. Also I think everyperson is different and some need more of this time than others do. I need this time but its hard to do, at the same time. Hope that makes sense. Its not good to be bored of myself so quickly! Does anyone else have this issue?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linds ..funny thing I was well into a lengthy response then went "back" to check on what you had said...came back and duhhh it was gone!..well anyway now it will be a big pain to repeat....one thing I believe it is "lay" as in lay with Tessa...
As to being alone & comfortable with yourself I think it does depend on the person..alot of people don't get alot of opportunity to be alone or choose not to be...I think shy people maybe are more used to being with their own thoughts and therefore become more comfortable with themselves ..they aren't necessarily happy being that way...(I think behind every shy person is a mad crazy one sometimes just dieing to get out)....anyway sometimes you can have a great time by yourself..I think what is missing is you want to share the experience with some one else hence your blog you want to share your music your thoughts & feelings not to validate your life but because you feel so strongly about something others must also be able to enjoy it as much too...therefore you are trying to make others feel good as you do...you are doing what others do..say at a party the outgoing loud people aren't just trying to be the centre of attetion I think they are basically doing the same thing they want to entertain & make everyone feel better... I am now off the topic....so yes you should be happy that you can enjoy your own company but to be truly content then I guess you would keep it all to yourself..much like a monk or something...not that there is anything wrong with that but I think you need that balance..be comfortable on your own ...something doesn't always need to be happening...be comfortable being yourself with others but above all don't waste your opportunitys use your talents....push the boundaries!!!bfn

9:34 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

thanks anonymous:)
xox

9:41 PM  
Blogger Kaila said...

haha ya he is good hey?! And contrary to what that other comment said it is "lied" because when you say lay it's referring to laying something down and you can't pick yourself up or it's referring to "laying an egg" which I don't quite think that is what you and your dog were doing on the beach...at least i really hope not...

10:29 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

It is definitely lay. Annonymous is right.

lay4
v.
Past tense of lie 1.
as per dictionary.com

11:33 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

I don't get bored being by myself, but I start to get worried about loved ones and friends if I get too far away in "me" land.

I have such an active mind that I will think about stuff and pick it apart. So, sometimes this is great, but it can turn on me.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

Lindz! Good for you girl! I don't mind being by myself if I have work to do, or something to photograph, or a warm sunny beach to lie on. However, I do like having company around, which is why I am so looking forward to moving in with Ernie!

8:15 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

Ern, Kaila, Anon-thanks for the lay layed lied advice

9:21 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

grunt-it must be a guy thing...Ryan can have endless 'me time' too and never be bored.... whereas I need friends WAY more often...

9:23 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

Celeste- Im excited for you and Ern to live together-its such a nice place too..itll be easy to plan girl nights with the two of you there!! and the goose is right there thats great to have so close!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

"I love myself, I think I'm grand. When I go to the movies, I hold my hand"

I totally enjoy spending time with myself, it's being with others that gets me at times. I don't have deep thoughts or anything but I enjoy the quiet time.
As far as what you did on the beach, I don't know if you got laid or what. This is family blog, isn't it?

6:58 AM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

phil its not a 'family blog' but yes, my parents do read this occasionally...they are pretty cool layed (hahaha)back people so its not a big deall to be rude sometimes.
And I was with only my dog so I certainly hope not

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home