Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'm home from Tofino now

Hi..I went away to Tofino with the four guys I support and a co-worker..we took the guys up for a weekend getaway to Tofino and stayed at a nice quaint hotel for the past two nights. It started to snow in Tofino (and the rest of the wet coast) yesterday morning so it was a possibility that we would be stuck there longer than planned. BUT we braved the conditions and drove the 5 or so hours back to Victoria.....It was crazy blizzardy out there...There's a lot of snow in some spots...the worst of it was probably between Port Alberni and Nanaimo although the whole island was hit and Vancouver was apparently hit even harder.

So they dropped me off in Colwood and I bussed out to our house..And guess what Ry was my bus driveer out to Sooke so I got to spend a half hour or so with him kinda sorta..... he's sleeping in town tonight cause it'll be too icy for him to drive out here when he's off and he just has to work again early tomorrow morning anyway, so he is camping out at sister Alison's house in town. My car is stranded in Brentwood Bay.

So all alone with no car in Sooke..well thats a lie I have my kids here with me (sorry Tessa, Ike and Meekah..how thoughtless that was of me).

Tofino was fun..Andrew and I got up early yesterday morning (before the snow) and it was a nice, clear and cold morning...we walked down to long beach and spent a good amount of time down there..Drew enjoyed filling his pockets with all sorts of shells and it was a blast watching him pick up gigantic peices of driftwood and running down to the ocean and chucking them into the water...He was definatly in his element! Probably one of his favorite things to do! I got some fantastic photos of him on the beach.

What else did we do? We ate a lot of very good food, watched a lot of T.v, wondered around Roy Henry Vickers Art Gallery(I love his paintings!!!), built a snowman, and enjoyed the sights and eachother's company.

So I'm happy to be home but I am sad to see that the snow has pretty much melted out here in Sookeland...I don't think we got very much snow at all here which is weird..we usually get more than in town. I was looking forward to taking Tessa for a walk in it. I won't complain though I'm just happy to have made it home. Its now my weekend. Yippee!!!!

Hope everybody had a good weekend and hope you are staying safe in those aweful driving conditions. By the way I heard it was like 17 and sunny in Toronto is this true???????????

Bye for now:)

PS. If you go to my sister, Alison's blog, you can read about how Ry got stuck in the snow while driving his bus, outfront of her apartment!! pretty funny!!!!!!!! and you can see some photos of all the snow!!

8 Comments:

Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Building snowmen and playing on the beach: I think that is officially the best of both worlds.

11:49 PM  
Blogger b o o said...

glad u made it home safe :)

12:08 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

It sounds wonderful. I'm happy you had a lovely time.

I read your post on my blog. Asthma is such a dangerous thing and many don't realize quick enough that medical intervention can be needed. THe correct inhaler and a good respiratory therapist, thos thins can save your life. I don't go anywhere withouy my inhaler.

Hope He is well now. Did he grow out of it or does he still have it?

12:31 AM  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

Glad you made it home safe! I think it was wonderful of you to take your guys to Tofino! :)

9:42 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Yeah, that weather sounds treacherous, Lindzy. Glad you made it back safe and sound.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

OH man... i am jealous i have always wanted to go to Tofino. Very cool.

Scott

6:57 AM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

ab. minded-yes I agree..two of my favoritie things rolled into one!

Boo/Alison-thanks u two:)

Wendy-hey, yah Ryan was diagnosed at 10 with asthma while in Switzerland (due to the high altitude triggering it) so he was medicated...and then he had only needed his inhaler during sports etc...but last year he had a major attack brought on by sawdust, he left it too long and then it was really bad that he had to use the machine for about four hours..the doctors gave him shit about leaving it long..he basically left it until he was wheezing. It was terrible and scary. So he knows now how careful to be.

Geek, Celeste, and Grunt- Thank you:) It was a fun adventure and the snow made it even more exciting!

Scott-Tofino is so beatiful..the town is so relaxed and layed back I just love it there..you'll have to try make it here:)have you been surfing before? hey, we even saw another bear on a riverbank on the way back!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Susan Jones said...

Hi!
Would you be interested in your photos and possibly you could put together a short story (500 words or less) about your Tofino experience?
Westcoaster.ca, a Tofino, Ucluelet and Port Alberni, regional, daily, news site for coasters is putting together a section that your work could be included in.
Please email westcoaster.ca@gmail.com if you are interested in helping us out!
Thank you much and I enjoyed visiting your blog!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home