Friday, June 16, 2006

wa wa wa weeeeekend well kinda

its Friday:) I know I work on the weekend but I work at a place I absolutely love working at and its kinda like hanging out with my other family for the weekend....I haven't seen these guys(actually 5 woman and a man live at this group home)in a while, so it will be a good couple days of work and I don't work till 2 tomorrow so its a mini weekend. I ditched out on our plans tonight. Ry, Al, and Jason were going to do something tonight but I am getting a stinky cold so I am going to rent a movie with hubby instead. Last night I was in bed at 7!! I went to just lay down BUT I ended up lying down all the way until 5'oclock this morn..just in time to get ready for work. I think I needed the sleep. So I just finished a week of work, working one on one with a man. I was really nervous because I haven't worked with him much before. It ended up going really well and now I am sad to be finished. The joys of being a casual ..jumping around place to place..one grouphome to the next or one dayprogram to the next. Though, the good thing about casual is that I can book time off whenever..I just don't get holidays and sick days etc..so I have to be good about my cash and save up and stuff.
I know you are probably not interested in my work stuff but this is partly like a journal for me and I just write whatever comes to mind so there. Hope everybody has a good fun weekend and make sure you cheer on Edmonton tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!

GO OILERS!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Me Myself and I said...

I'm so glad you love what you do Lindz, that's really important and not everyone is so lucky :)

5:54 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I'm not sure what you do Lindz, but you sound like you're part of the solution, not part of the problem.
Someone famous (I don't know who) once said "If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life".
True indeed...

11:18 AM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

thanks you guys. I do enjoy my job.

Phil, I work with people with disabilities. I am a 'community support worker'. Kind of the same field as social work and also some RCA/LPN nursing stuff in there too. It can be a lot of fun and it has its challenges.

10:09 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

I also learn a great deal from the people who I support

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home