Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Power Outages and a foot a white stuff to play in!

So we got dumped on Sunday evening..about a foot of snow...Victoria and the rest of the South Coast has all continued to get more snow...We lost our power Sunday night and just got it back last night around 9pm....It was minus 6 ish last night!!!!! and the windchill was way way down there.

We moved our mattress out to the living room and camped out next to the fireplace and brought out all the blankies and candles. It was so much fun. When the power came back on we just continued with our power out night in the dark. Oh but we did turn on the radio when we were able to.

It has been sooo peaceful. Nice blanket of white snow covering everything and absorbing all the sound...very few cars, being very slow, the sound of kids playing, no t.v. or anything. Just ourselves and our pets. Its so nice to have times like these. I have quite enjoyed it..Although don't get me wrong, I am quite looking forward to a hot bath. Lots of people still have power out, like about 20, 000 residents are still without power..wholey cow!

So 1986, 1996, and now 2006 Victoria has had big snow storms. But this year some are still recovering from massive flooding from all that rain and also problems from the major winds we had.

Sunday evening right after my last post, the power went out and the snow started, Ryan didn't get home until yesterday arund 3 It was just Tess, Ike, Meekah and myself..... I got the fire going good all day and Tess had a blast playing out in the snow...she just kept doing spins and throwing the snow everywhere..the snow is still continuing to entertain Tessa..she does her spins in it everytime we let her out, its quite cute and funny.

Blogger won't let me post photos I guess I'm over my quota now or something(understandable). If you want to see snow photos go to Alison's site or I will put some on my 'Buzznet' which is on the right side bar.

16 Comments:

Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Yikes, lots of rain followed by freezing snow can be bad. What's with the 10 year splits?

12:05 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

That sounds like so much fun. Hope that all is well there at the moment.

scott

1:17 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

ab. minded..yah its strange I don't know

Scott-yes everything is going great for us...its still very cold and we might even get more snow. Its not suppose to warm up for a few days I don't think..every forcast I've seen is different though so really no clue as to what the weather will do..I guess we really never know though..Is it warm in Toronto?

1:20 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Hi from Seattle.

4:16 PM  
Blogger b o o said...

i dunno about the cold. i mean i put all those clothes THEN i need to go out? phew, how tiring :)

6:14 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

I love it when dogs freak out and do spins.

8:55 PM  
Blogger dr. psy said...

Sounds beautiful. As lomg as you're warm! And what a great excuse for candles! Enjoy.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Spacecake said...

WOO, you're welcome about the snow :p Although I'd like to get some snow over here too,'cause it's all melted... warm weather. :/

Fireplaces are the coolest. We don't have one. Bugger. lol. I wish we had.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Just been and checked the pics out on your sis's site! Well cool, lucky devils! We rarely get snow over here now :[ I love sledging too...

3:33 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Hi Lindzy,
What are you up to lately?
Long time no post!
:-)

10:42 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Where are you, Lindzy? We all miss you!

8:17 PM  
Blogger b o o said...

hows u? where u? what doing?

2:31 AM  
Blogger Spacecake said...

Ye, come back Lindzy o.o' Can't you see, I came back too! (yes, that was pretty desperate, I know \o/)

Come baaaaaack!!!!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Are you still alive or buried in snow? :] x

1:42 AM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

hey!!:):) all is good I'll be back soon...hope you are all doing well!

Its beeen real busy... much going on around here

take care all:)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Wow, it sounds like a wonderful time. When it snows by us we often get a foot or so. 3 years ago, our first winter there, we had 2 feet on Dec 1st. It was great.
Thank God for snowblowers

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home