Thursday, December 21, 2006

Long time no blogging

hmmmm.... well its been forever...and its hard to get back into this honestly. I do wonder how everbody is doing though. I'm sure that after I post a couple of times that I'll be right back into it. There has been a lot going on..Life's going good, and I really lo0ok forward to Christmas. My whole family gets to be together this Christmas. Ryan has had to work 4 out of our 5 Chrsitmas' since we've been together and this year he if off an entire week over Christmas..Lucky ass I'm jealous. Not that my scedule is all that tough or anything...I'm pretty lucky too.

tHE WEATHER HAS BEEEN CRAZY..WE HAVE BEEN GETTING ..WOOPS capslock sorry...anyways, we have been getting pounded by storms here on the West Coast. Last Thursday night was the worst..Its was definatly the worst storm I have ever been in. The wind was up to 157KM out here in Sooke. At 12 midnight, I was just getting ready to climb into bed and it was really calm outside and we knew a big windstorm was coming straight at us..with strong NorthWesterly winds. That first gust was so strong and it just continuesd into the next gust and was continuous throughout the enitre night. We didn't sleep for one minute until about 6am or so. We were terrified and the animlas all were too. Three trees behing our house came down,one roots and all. There were flashes all acoss the sky from everybody's power going out and powerlines coming down etc...At one point I was actually expecting a tree to come through our roof. Luckily nobody was killed or injured as far as I know. must be thousands of trees down from this storm. Stanley park was sure hit bad too.. We drove over the Lions Gate yesterday and by the park in Vancouver and the difference in the way Stanley Park looks is huge. One family's house in Sooke was entirely destroyed by a tree/trees that fell on it. The people who lost there home were blown away by how kind everybody in Sooke has been to help them out. Strangers were taking days off of work to help them out. So thankful everybody is safe. I have heard a lot of close call stories.

That wind though was incredible. It was shocking and scary and it felt like our roof was going to blow off ..the whistly and squeeling wind and the gusts would get stronger and stronger.. There are two more sotms coming. We can handle anything now. I don't think that will happen again. Or hey...ya never know there could be a huge shift in our weather pattern cause of global warning as one factor..what do you think?

Anyway people might think Im exagerating but its true. This was the scariest wind I've ever expereienced.. In the middle of the night, I was thinking "Why in the hell did I wish for a big windstorm" as if I'd ever expect this to happen. ver intense.

So uhh thats new what else.........

Merry Christmas:) and happy holidays if you don't celebrate Christmas. What are people's plans? Are you staying home, having family/friends over? are you going to visit people or are you stuck working? Well I hope everbody has a good break

There is Thunder outside..that was a big rumble...what next? a big thunder and lightening storm? we have pretty had everything but.

Sooke Storm Photos

11 Comments:

Blogger Me Myself and I said...

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for coming out on Sunday, you were a trooper for being so tired and being such a good sport :) I had a blast, I hope you did too!

Enjoy the holidays!

12:05 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Welcome back to blogland, Lindzy. I will be celebrating Christmas with family. I want to go do some skiing as well. It's going to be fun no matter what I end up doing.

Merry Christmas!

1:05 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Wow, that sounds like an incredible storm, very scary. We've been hit pretty hard at times but nothing like what I saw in your photos.

As far as blogging goes, I stopped for a while too. It can get to be a chore after a while. If it's not fun, I don't do it...

Have a Very Merry Christmas Lindzy

6:35 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Those pictures are intense. Glad that you and the family are all okay.

Good to see you back.

Cheers,

Scott

11:03 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Today is Global Orgasm Day. Why are y'all blogging? Focus, people.

1:48 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

thanks for the warm welcome back guys really......global orgasm day???? had no clue

merry christmas and such agin:):):)
*
<>
< >
< >
I I

thats my christmas tree drawing for you

6:57 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

What is this global warning you speak of? It sounds scary ;)

9:25 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

ahahah woops ...

7:48 AM  
Blogger b o o said...

take good care during the storm, happy holidays to u & yours {{hugs}}

11:46 PM  
Blogger Spacecake said...

Wow, life is good? I don't know if I should hate you for that or be glad for you... because I can't really do neither. And I realize this might sound kinda weird but errrm... It'd take forever to explain.

I guess someone deserves to have a piece of the descent life. We can't all be miserable, can we? lol.

Thankees, Happy Holidays to you too Lindzy :) It's good to have you back.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Spacecake said...

Oo, I forgot! I LOVE THUNDER! Why can't we have thunder? :/ We don't even have snow.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home