Monday, January 08, 2007

A few words from my favorite artist, BY FAR, of all time and for all time

I want them all back. The Iraqi kids, the American kids, and the kids that tied their stars to some idiotic fundamentalist crusade and traveled to Iraq to do what they were convinced was the will of God. I want the All Mighty to get off his ass and start sending some tsunamis at the Palestinian/Israeli coastline just to see how long it takes enemies to become necessary friends when all the bullshit that people create to divide themselves is no longer of importance.
I want them all back, every single one of them, along with every ounce of blood that flowed through their bodies, their dreams, their fears, their good, their bad, their truths, and their lies.
I want them all back because it has never been our right to take them.
Emancipation is the goal of all humanity. The greed implicit in controlling the emancipation of others is the goal of half of humanity. Looking the other way is the pastime of the other half.
In the end, everyone climbs thirteen steps, criminals or not.


-A few words taken from Matthew Good's 'Thirteen Steps'


oh and the Hip concert last night was oh so good....they were amazing and they played a lot of old stuff, my favorite stuff. To all you people who sat through the entire show....come on its a rock concert aren't you into the music enough to stand up and get into it a little more???I think we are a little lame here in Victoria...I don't ever remember this happening at one Vancouver show. What up with that?

4 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Oh, I hate it when people just sit on their asses through a whole concert. It better be freakin' opera if that's how you roll!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

Whoooooooooooooo? :]

3:20 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Glad that you had a great time at The Hip show, they never disappoint.

"You say support the troops. I do! I want them all broughr back and every building that you bombed to be raised up from the ground." Kevin Devine

6:48 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

A kick to the head does wonders.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home