Monday, October 09, 2006

mmmm bread and the imposter kitty

I am making a loaf of bread. It will smell good in about 2 hrs. I have only made bread once before and it was three days ago and I don't think I was exact enough with my yeast measurement cause the loaf was really short. It did taste good though. I made stew and we dipped my nice homemade bead in it. Ryans nanna gave us their breadmaker. I think I like the smell the best. Thanks Leah for introducing me to how easy making bread in a breadmaker is.

There is a kitty imposter on our porch and he knows our cats through the glass and they swat at eachother but they just hit at the glass because our cats are inside and the imposter cat is outside. He wants to be friends with Ike and Meekah. Ike is interested and Meekah is not.

I was listening to some podcast things off Matthew Goods blog also I was interested in some things he has written and some of his drawings on his flickr page.









I love all the quotes Kara put up..this one especially stands out:

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
-Confucius

14 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Yay for fresh baked bread! Lindzy, did Confucius ever tour the backwoods?

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a lot of things have been pronounced about this webpage .Nevertheless, I do not believe most of it may be sufficient enough due to this is just indefinable. - wedding speeches

10:44 PM  
Blogger NiolK said...

Is the bread you're speaking about some sort of penis metaphor? "The loaf was short" etc.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's something homey about the smell of bread. my parents were never bakers. maybe i'm adopted.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Kayla said...

Oh, I haven't baked bread in ages!
I used to do it at least once a week..yes, the smell is wonderful.

Imposter kitty is cute!
sounds like he (she) just wants a friend to play with.
Awwwww

10:53 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hope that you had a great Holiday weekend!

Matt Good needs to release a new album!

Scott

11:51 AM  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

wow. look at you Martha!

8:05 AM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

hey happy thanksgiving weekend to you who celebrate it! if not happy weekend anyways

hiyagrunt....hmmm serious or joking question... if serious Kara your help on this one?

Niolk- harrah! somebody figured it out I always had faith in you!

hey guggenflurg-I love that smell ....mmmm.....i hope this breadmaking fad will continue

Hey Kayla:)you should def. make some..do u have a breadmaker? it only took me 1 min to prep...mix four ingred. and press a button-now thats my kinda bakin! and imposter kitty is very cute..he basically LIVES in our yard ..he knows our cats are inside..I so wish I could let them out but our road is busy:(and they've lived in an apartment till now)

8:42 AM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

Scott- I agree! Matt good seems to be going through tough times.....BUT, on the selfish side, it will make for some DAMN good music when he gets around to making an album! I can't wait till his next album..he's a bigtime fave! Happy weekend back to you-cheers:)

Hey kara:) yah all sorts of fun things going on out here in Sooke! ya i love all those quotes!

Celeste-Did you just call me martha???did i read that correctly?? blarghhhblahhhh I dont like it!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As mad it might perceive, I suppose other network publishing houses are going to look at this domain with enviousness since I am sure it changes their internet site look trivial. - heart burn

10:57 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

oh please send me a fresh baked loaf and some real butter and honey. Thank you. :)

oh, it might be time to put up word verification...they have found you.

11:05 AM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

wendy thanks:) I did the wrd verification thingy will that stop it??i sure hope so its gettin annoying!..and mmm honey on top sounds delicious!

Leah-thats some lovely spam for us to all enjoy...i put up the wrd verification-you know....those annoying letters you have to type in...hopefully that will stop the spam..thats what wendy says to do!

1:53 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Confucius says homemade bread is tasty. Although, I'm not sure what homemade bead is and why you were dipping it in your stew ;)

BTW, yes the word verification works. It is a necessary evil i'm afraid.

2:22 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

AML...unfortunatly.... usually what you see is what you get around here...not much hidden meanings up my sleave as Im not witty enough for that

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home